Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Berlin Day 4


Last day in Berlin and feeling the effects of yesterday's sun; no matter what I do to prevent it, I always end up ill after being in the sun more than a couple of hours, and this day was no exception. But I made it out to the final muesum on my list, the Pergamonmuseum. The Pergamon houses original-sized, reconstructed monumental buildings such as the Pergamon Altar, the Market Gate of Miletus and the Ishtar Gate, all consisting of parts transported from the original excavation sites.
Antiquity Collection

Islamic Art

More Islamic Art

From ancient Babylonia

For my lovely Leos out there (you know who you are)
Over the course of 4 days I did and saw everything that I wanted to while here. There were definitely a few things I missed that will see when I come back some day. Would like to spend some more time in Eberswalder Strasse, go to the top of the dome in the German Parliament, and see the DDR museum.

1 comment:

Filipe Penetra said...

WOW, I'm Portuguese and i never been to half of this beautiful places, nice.