Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Berlin Day 2




On day 2 the 4:30 AM sunrise woke me up (ugh). After breakfast took the tube over to Alexanderplatz where I met up with Fat Tire Bikes for an all day tour of Potsdam. We picked our bikes (mine was Janis Joplin) and got on the train for the 40 minute ride out of Berlin. Here are some stops we made in Potsdam...

The New Palace

The Orangerie

The Tea House

Sans Souci Palace
Cecilienhof (location of Potsdam Conference, 1945)

I missed the grave of Frederik the Great, but I did get to see Potsdam's famous nude beach.

After getting back to the city I headed out for dinner and the modern dance show in Eberswalder Strasse. This is a very interesting community that reminds me a lot of Uptown in Minneapolis, however there was an element of gypsy that I was not expecting. Next time in Berlin I want to spend more time in this area.

The dance was definitely the highlight of the trip, simply amazing, spell binding, and worthy of many, many awards. Never in my life have I been so captivated by a dramatic production, and it was just so well done, just so well done. I highly, highly recommend this show. Below is the website; I saw les possédés.

http://www.toula.de/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the one of you "meditating". :-)