Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jakarta, Indonesia


Unfortunately while in Jakarta I worked quite a bit (yes there IS a downside to travel). Be that as it may, I had a very wonderful dinner with colleagues at Dapur Babah élite. Below are just a few of the meals we enjoyed. In addition to the food, the atmosphere and service was top notch.

My eggplant, tofu, and yellow curry dish with a side of satay and rice - very traditional Indonesian.

I don't remember what this was, but doesn't it look appetizing?

Another appetizing but nameless dish.

I know for sure this was some sort of duck.

No surgeon general's warning in Indonesia. They just flat out tell you that it kills you, and in case you don't believe it, they also show you a pair of black lungs, with an arrow pointing to a cancerous area.
And in case you still decide to smoke, you can always go for the ones individually wrapped in gold.

No comments: